With the unique design of the BBCS System, In the case of the Tippmann base markers, cleaning and maintenance of the BBCS is basically the same method as when the marker was configured in .68 caliber except you use a .50 caliber pull thru squeegee.
To clean the BBCS on the 98 series markers,
1. Depress the front sight and tip out feed elbow.
2. Insert the tab end of rubber pull thru squeegee into breach, then
pull squeegee through barrel to remove debris and paint.
To clean the BBCS on the FT12,
1. Rotate the Feed Tube Lock from its locked position to the unlocked position (the lever
points towards the barrel). Slide the Feed Tube upwards to remove it from the marker.
Clean the Feed Tube if necessary.
2. Insert the tab end of the squeegee into the Feed Tube opening and push it in until it
appears at the muzzle end of the barrel.
3. Pull the squeegee through the barrel to remove debris and paint.
• Do not use any petroleum based cleaning solvents.
• Do not use any cleaning solvents that come in aerosol cans.
NOTE: Petroleum based products and aerosol products can damage your markers’ o-rings.
• To clean your paintball marker use a damp towel with water to wipe off paint, oil, and debris. We recommend using a premium synthetic gun oil to maintain your marker in good working condition. After cleaning, re-oil with a few drops to the 3 BBCS o-rings and rear bolt.
When storing BBCS equipped markers, it is recommended to store them in the cocked position to increase ball latch life.